Friday, November 03, 2006

Stitches East, 2006

I found out about Stitches late - like the day it started. It was a happy coincidence for me, as my husband and I were going to be in Baltimore anyway - for the NSTA convention. Well, he was going there, I was planning to entertain our son.

Anyway, I was able to browse the market today - and it was lovely. SO many pretty yarns, and tons of different fibers. Heaven. Surprisingly, I didn't purchase all that much, although I did put a sweater's worth of yarn back after fondling it for quite some time. It was a gorgeous blue and grey - mohair, merino, and silk. I think it would have been happy here, but I have to be realistic about my time. I'm about 3 sweaters behind now. I picked up a card from the vendor, and if I ever find myself short of yarn...

No pics were allowed in the market, so you'll have to settle for a photo of the yarn that came home with me. I don't think the photo does them justice however, so I'll try to take individual photos as I work up the projects.


I hope to go next year too, and try to take some classes. Oh, and in case you don't think there's anything about coffee - there's a Starbucks right there in the convention center. It was mobbed, what with all the science teachers and knitters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home