Sunday, December 17, 2006

I've been a busy knitter...

Finally. All the Christmas knitting is done. Of course, I had to drastically scale back my knitting plans, but still. It's done. (woohoo!)

I completely forgot to take pictures - I'm lousy that way. I made a pair of socks for my mother in a really pretty DK weight Blueface Leicester yarn. They're mostly a teal blue, but varying shades. I got the yarn from Colorsong Yarn - they have wonderful service, and yarns to die for. I'm a sucker for a good hand dyed yarn. :) I also finished a cabled scarf for my grandmother - I used Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb, which is a wool and silk blend. I bought 4 skeins around a year ago, thinking I'd make a Clapotis out of it but it just never panned out. I still have 2 1/2 skeins of it - a pretty purple/blue/green mix. I don't know what, if anything, that I'll use it for - I may give it to my mom, and see if it's happier with her. It's nice yarn, but I'm finding that I prefer a multi-ply yarn, and this is a single ply (making it a bit splitty).

I'm not sure what's next on the project list, because I don't really feel like knitting anything right now. I might swatch up the cable pattern my husband picked out for his sweater. Or maybe I'll swatch up some of the yarn I bought for my sweater(s). Or I could knit my son a hat that he won't wear (he's 3). Or I could re-knit a hat for my husband (since the first one looks funny because it's too short). I like having options.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home